Monday, July 25, 2016

Try to be a Rainbow in Someone's Cloud - Maya Angelou


Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud - Maya Angelou

That's what I was trying to be to some people yesterday.  Everyone in the grocery store was suffering from the day's heat, and I was trying to be friendly and make people feel better.  I was feeling sick myself from the heat, and really wanted to be done shopping and get home, but I did try to be cheerful and listen to people and smile.  Mostly we complained about the heat, but one woman was talking with me about health and kale and blueberries and the smoothies she makes.  A very nice lady.

I'm not patting myself on the back or anything.  I just feel that if we can make someone's day even a little bit better, that's a very good thing.  It also makes you feel better yourself, too.